Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Blog Title

I should really call this Lindsey Loves to Eat.  I know that in a perfect world I should eat healthy foods and especially cut back on the sugar.  In my world I have found time and time again that after I eat like Tina the Fat Lard (Napoleon Dynamite...) I have really great runs.  Exhibit A: My Chick-fil-a post.  Exhibit B: Peanut Butter m&ms.  I bought some the other night when I was at crazy holiday packed Target ($2.50 a bag!!) and they are almost gone.  PLUS my Secret Santa gave me a bag that sits nicely in my desk at work.  It's been bad.  I don't even want to know how many calories I have consumed in pb ms alone.  I'm sure it's something to do with the amount of sugar (I'm not scientist or nutritionist, but I mean, it makes sense), but I had the most fantastic run last night.  It was on the treadmill, thanks again dark, cold nights, but I felt like I could run forever.  I had intended just doing a few steady miles because I did a "speed" workout on Tuesday, but I felt so good that I kept bumping up the speed.  Now that I've seen what I can do though I question if I was really pushing myself before.  How fast can I actually go?  How much can I take?  I don't want to push too hard because I know what happens when I go too hard too fast.  The last time I did that I ended up with IT band trouble.  I've been foam rolling a lot more than usual (love hate relationship with that thing) and I am going to be smart about building up my mileage.  I just can't believe that the half marathon is only three months away!

Anyway,  best part of my runs this week?  The fact that my past two runs have been back around my old speed back in my prime days.  Or maybe the best part is that good runs come from mass chocolate consumption.  I think it's a win win :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment