1. Dogfish Brewery. My nice friend and I headed out to Delaware a couple of weeks ago and had the best weekend. (Side note: I was so proud of myself because it was the first time I left Maddux with someone other than family or friends and I didn't even cry!) If you love good beer and the beach I highly recommend this weekend get away. The brewery was really fun. We got there right when they opened and had about an hour before our tour started (it's first come, first serve so they just add you to the list and give you the next available slot). We decided to go ahead and get our samples. Although there were several we knew we loved, we decided to get some new to us brews. Some of them were really funky, but it was fun trying some new stuff that we might not have been able to on a normal day. The tour was informative and our tour guide was fun. They even had crocks for people who weren't in tour approved shoes. After the tour, we headed to Rehoboth Beach and walked on the boardwalk before heading to the Dogfish Brewpub, where we got to try some exclusive brewpub beers. It was the perfect relaxing weekend away.
2. Visits with Best Friends. A while ago I saw that Andrew McMahon was going to be playing in DC. I don't know many people who know him (and would be willing to pay for a ticket to a concert they didn't care at all about) so I convinced my best friend to come up for an early birthday celebration. I had the best time catching up with her! I had a fantastic time at the concert--he alternated playing his new music and songs from his former band. I was a happy fan! Saying goodbye wasn't quite as hard knowing that we'll see each other again soon for Surf-n-Santa and then again for Shamrock weekend!
3. Converting Friends Taste in Beer. (Kidding....but seriously..) Look, I know I'm a beer snob. I can't help it. It's partly the way I was raised, and if I'm going to drink beer I want it to have some oomph to it. (Granted, I have had many terrible craft brews, BUT gotta support small businesses, right?) My best friend and I met up with my cousin and another good friend at Jailbreak Brewing and I loved watching them find beers that they liked. I've been working forever to get them on my side! I had to laugh when my best friend later sent me a picture of some Heavy Seas beer she picked up on her way home joking that I had helped her see the light.
4. Hanging with Maddux. He is loving this cooler weather and acting like a completely different dog than he does in the summer months. Unfortunately, the early night fall has made it hard to get decent walks in and I've been trying to find ways to keep him entertained. We might have to look into signing up for another class soon! Luckily he really loves his treat ball, so he will happily chase after it most of the time. I can't wait until our days start getting longer. I miss our after work walks at the park.
|Bark Box deliveries make up for our lack of walking in Maddux's opinion.|
5. Christmas Shopping! Can you believe it's only a month away?! I basically have one free weekend between now and then, so I'm trying to get all my ideas set so I can pace myself and have everything ready on time. I've had a lot of fun in the search so far and can't wait to see my family in a few weeks! (I actually get to see my sister next weekend for Thanksgiving and my brother the next weekend for a belated birthday (and engagement!!!) celebration, but you can't beat the whole gang together!)
What have you guys been up to this month? What concerts do you have to beg friends to go to? The only other one I get funny looks for is the Avett Brothers, but my sister is always down for a visit to see them!
Have a great weekend!!