1. The Scarecrow Classic 5k. I had such a great time at this race! It was a blustery morning, and probably not the best for a girl recovering from a nasty cold, but it was nice running a low key race. I was bummed that I wasn't feeling my best because I think I could have done really well! The race was held at Meadowbrook Park in Maryland with plenty of parking and an easy packet pickup. The race didn't start until 9 so I got to sleep in a little. The park had real bathrooms which I appreciated, especially because I would have been nervous the portapotties would have blown away! They ended up taking down the finish line arch because it was blowing around so much, but there was still a good number of volunteers cheering you on as you finished the race. I grabbed my cinnamon crunch Panera bagel and Starbucks coffee (with to-go lid! Nice touch!) and headed back to the car to get out of the cold and spent the rest of the day bumming around in my bright orange scarecrow tee.
2. Baking Cookies. I have these awesome Halloween cookie cutters that I've only used one other time because I kind of hate sugar cookies. I searched for a long time to find an alternative cookie that could be rolled out and found these chocolate chip ones. They kind of taste like Chips Ahoy (which is ok by me, just not that nice homemade taste), but I had a great time baking them!
|Every good baker has a Halloweiner cookie cutter.|
3. Bennett's Curse Haunted House. My nice friend and I joined his sister and her friends for a last minute Halloween adventure. It was fun, but not all that scary in my opinion. Maybe I was just in a silly mood, but I felt like most of the monsters just sounded like I had all week. I suggested that they go get some meds for their hacking :-) The chainsaw monster at the finish ended up walking next to me instead of chasing me like the other groups because I told him that if I ran I would end up coughing for the next hour and didn't really want to deal with it. He seemed cool with that and stuck with me until his next victims rounded the corner. Nice guy.
4. Reading. I finally finished Crime and Punishment and have moved on to some lighter reading. My sister lent me the Chet and Bernie series and I've been trying to finish them up before we head her way for Thanksgiving!
5. Shopping for my upcoming races. I'm going to visit my brother for an ugly sweater run and have my outfit all ready. I'll save the final product for the actual race, but it involves these awesome tights. They may just have to come out for Surf-n-Santa a couple of weeks later!
Have a wonderful weekend! I'm hoping next week I'll be up and running again. I've been sticking with Nike Training Club workouts and walking so I don't anger my bronchioles, but am raring to go!
What do you do when you're sick? Stay away from running or power through?