1. Because you love the organizers. Y'all know I love my J&A races. I would run every single one of their races if I could. I'm totally bummed I'm missing the Wicked 10k tomorrow. At least Surf-n-Santa will be here before we know it!
2. Because you want to PR. Other than just loving Shamrock, I know it's very PR worthy. I didn't have to think twice about signing up for it this year.
|I really hope I get a PR soon, because I'm as tired of this pic as you are :-)|
3. Because you want to run fast. Ok guys, I can't be the only one this happens to. You know, when you feel like you're pushing really hard on a run and your watch beeps and you realize you're going ridiculously slow? Well, at races I somehow manage to actually push myself. I guess part of it is the crowd and the excitement, but my paces are pretty awesome during most of my races.
4. Because you need something to look forward to. (I know my grammar is seriously bad in this post. Sorry.) Having a training plan makes me excited to run. I look forward to these races for months and I love having something to work toward. I also love planning my races around visits so I know I get some quality friend and family time!
5. Because you want to just have fun. I'm so excited because my brother and I are all signed up for an ugly sweater run that ends at a brewery. It's going to be a crazy good time and I can't wait to just act silly and run with my bro again.
|I expect our pic from our next race to be even better.|
What are some of the reasons you sign up for races?