1. Running with my group. I'm going to try my best to keep up with the fast people. You know, the whole run with fast people so you get fast, too? I had been taking it easy in my group before because I had my long runs the next day, but now there's nothing stopping me.
2. Getting away. I have a couple of family visits coming up and I'm really excited because my nice friend and I have a trip to the Dogfish Head Brewery next month. I've been dying to go for ages now and it's finally almost here!
|Love the alehouse, but can't wait to go to where it all started!|
3. Surf-n- Santa 5 Miler. This is my first year running this race and I'm really looking forward to running under the lights on the boardwalk. I remember driving through them with my family years ago and it will be a fun experience running instead!
4. Strength Training. I did this quite a bit during Shamrock training, but somehow neglected it during my Crawlin' Crab training. I felt so good during my Shamrock race (no IT band problems, no shin issues) and I don't think it's a coincidence that it was my PR race. This week marked the return of my Nike Training Club workouts and I am super sore. It will all be worth it when I break 2 hours in a half, right?!
5. Another Half! Speaking of half marathons, I'm all signed up for my next! I might look for another before, but Shamrock Dolphin Challenge here I come! I'll be running the 8k as well as the half. Not gonna lie, I'm in it mostly because I love dolphins and was really jealous of the medal last year. I guess we all have our things.
|Shamrock holds my 2 fastest half times. Let's make it 3!|
And in the spirit of the Friday 5 link up, here are the 5 things going on my ipod that pump me up (none are really current, don't judge):
1. Feel So Close--Calvin Harris
2. Sweater Weather--The Neighbourhood
3. Daylight--Matt & Kim
4. Any song by Jack's Mannequin. Miss them.
5. Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me! podcast