Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Five: Springing Forward

Happy Friday!  It certainly felt like it took a long time coming and the Friday Five's theme of Springing Forward is just the thing to start off a great weekend.  I have so many great things coming up so it's nice to look forward a little!  Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia are the hosts of the link up, so make sure to check their awesome blogs out!

1. ZOOMA Kick Off Run. I had so much fun at last year's event and I'm really looking forward to having some running buddies for the day!  It will also be nice to switch up the scenery a little as I've been doing the same routes (or treadmill) because of the weather lately.

2. MY RACE!  NEXT WEEKEND!  It's finally in the 10 day weather forecast and I'm trying really hard not to obsessively check it.  The best part is that I have some great friends that live in the area that I'll get to see.  Not gonna lie, I'm also hoping to stop by my favorite Mexican restaurant and local coffee shop at some point, too!

3. Weekdays at the park.  Maddux and I frequent the different parks and trails on the weekend, but by the time I get home from work we usually only have time for a quick walk before it gets dark.  With the extra hour of daylight we will get to have some more exciting walks.



4. My former roomie's wedding festivities!  The first celebration is just around the corner and I'm having a lot of fun throwing around ideas with the other bridesmaids.  It doesn't hurt that her wedding is also going to kick off summer....

Friends no matter what color I dye my hair :-)

5. Some shorter race distances.  I am super excited that it looks like I'm going to be able to do some local 5ks and 10ks in a couple of months and it will be nice to focus on just getting faster.  After some great training runs this cycle it seems completely possible to smash my 5k PR.


I hope everyone has lots of fun things to keep them going until we get some warmer weather!  They say spring is on its way!

12 comments:

  1. Yay Shamrock and YAY spring! Weather is supposed to be perfect for race day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I finally gave in and looked (it was only a matter of time). It's going to feel like a heat wave after what we've had here haha!

      Delete
  2. Good luck at your race! I can't wait to take my dog to the park too but as of now there is still snow there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, a lot of our trails are still covered since the city doesn't clear them, but we have one that usually has at least a few parts we can walk in!

      Delete
  3. Spring weddings are so fun. And OMG your doggie is so cute! I can't wait to walk the dog outside, the poor girl has been cooped up inside so much and is going stir crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! He has been turning into dogzilla lately because of his lack of outside time, but I got him a treat ball that he LOVES. You just stick treats inside and they have to roll it around trying to figure out how to get them out. Best investment ever.

      Delete
  4. I feel that there should be something that relates to me on this list and there is not. You should add a wine tasting trip to your list. Or beer. Or both. Or just another princess adventure with your niece dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know I was actually looking up concerts to see if there were any we could go to in the near future. There weren't any that I could find, but maybe we could do baseball?!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with all your upcoming races! And have a blast with all the wedding festivities. Weddings are the perfect way to welcome the arrival of beautiful spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so excited for the wedding!

      Delete
  6. It was so fun to run with you this morning!!! I'll get the pic off my camera and send it to you and post it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun with YOU! There should be more runs with SPAs in 2014!!

      Delete