1. Best friend time! My best friend is amazing. She is always down for a spontaneous visit and it's so nice just being able to hang out. I got to spend the past couple of days with her and she is coming to visit next week! I'm really excited to take her to some of the breweries around here and just bum by the pool.
|We had to document the pets being so close to each other!|
2. The beach. It was amazing to be back on the beach (I actually can't remember the last time I had a beach day, which is incredibly sad.). The Eli Young Band has a new song called Salt Water Gospel and I feel like that sums up my feelings about the beach perfectly.
3. J&A races! (Like anyone is surprised on this one.) My best friend visit lined up perfectly with the Summer 5k Series that J&A is putting on right now. Every Wednesday they are doing a casual fun run and I was so excited that I was able to participate! It was great being able to run on the board walk and they gave you a medal and a beach towel at the end. Perfect excuse to head to the beach for the day!
4. Bikes. I bought one! Not sure I know how to ride it (I'm currently waiting for a tool I need to tighten it--the nice man who helped us fit it in the car explained that the way it was assembled wasn't as safe as it could be and I should fix it before heading out on it.), but I'm really excited to try! I know they say "it's like riding a bike," but whoever made that up has obviously never met me. We shall see how it goes. She's really pretty though and I have a feeling we're going to have many happy rides together.
5. Yoga. I recently started getting into yoga. Beer yoga is definitely my favorite (so many breweries in this area host classes and you get a class and a beer which makes it a winner in my book), but I just finished my free week at Core Power Yoga and really enjoyed it. Guys, I went to 3 classes in a week. That is a record for this girl! I'm trying to figure out the best route to go moving forward (I'm tempted to do an unlimited month, but not sure how realistic that is with summer travel coming up...might be cheaper to just buy class packages).
I would love to hear updates from all of you! What are things you're loving so far this summer? Have a happy, happy 4th of July weekend!