Happy Friday! I had an unexpected day to catch up on life, and figured the best way to celebrate was with a blog post. (PS--I can't believe I missed the last official Friday Five! You can tell it's been way too long since I've last posted!) Things have been a bit crazy around here, but a few weeks ago I ran half marathon number 10! Since it's too late to do its own recap, I thought it would be fun to do a trip down memory lane!
1. Shamrock Half Marathon: My happiest half marathon memories are at this race. My first half, my next big PR, and finally breaking two hours all happened on this course. Plus, the usual beach and best friend time that has become tradition doesn't hurt either!
2. Rock 'n' Roll DC: Guys, I wanted to love this race, but all I really remember from it was being super stressed out because even though I left crazy early, the metro failed me and got me there at the last minute. Needless to say, I haven't been back for this one. Maybe one day...
3. Crawlin' Crab Half: You guys know I love this one. The course is probably my favorite and the craft beer fest at the end is the perfect way to celebrate a race. This race has always been one that I have run just for the love of running and I wouldn't have it any other way. I find it appropriate that it was number ten!
4. Nike Women's Half DC: I got really sick leading up to this race and went in entirely under trained, but ended up having a blast! I loved getting to run through DC and the race was so well organized. Having multiple metro stops at the start was very helpful and eliminated the stress I had at Rock 'n' Roll. The Tiffany's necklace was a nice perk, too.
5. Norfolk Harbor Half (formerly known as Harbor Lights!): My birthday race. The best celebration a girl could ask for, complete with pie. It rained the whole time, but I loved every minute of it!
(Can you tell which ones are my favorite races? Maybe one day I'll branch out....but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know?)
What are some of your favorite half marathons? Any that you want to check off your bucket list? My bucket list half marathon is the Runner's World Half!
Have a great weekend!