Saturday, September 1, 2012

Outside Running and Punkin' Ale

The past week every time I went to write, I realized that there was nothing really exciting to say.  I now have two weeks of work back under my belt and it is still taking some getting used to.  Waking up at 5:30 sucks.  I miss my old routine of drinking coffee until I felt like eating and then eating whenever I felt like it throughout the day.  I also really, really miss running at whatever time of the day suits me.

That said, I love my job and I'm thankful to have one.  I just wish summer would stick around a little longer or at least come back to visit from time to time.  I am secretly ready for fall.  I think it might be my favorite season.  Last week I saw the happiest tweet.

I've only been twice this week.  It's totally fine..


Punkin' Ale is back!  I can't think of a better way to end the first week of work.  My nice friend went and drank beer with me and refused to be jealous when the really old singer of the band winked at me.  He says he doesn't feel that the band member was true competition, but it's more likely that he wishes someone would come and whisk me away so he doesn't have to deal with all my craziness ;-)

Last week I ran 3 times (Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday).  It's looking like that will be my schedule again this week.  I had originally planned to run on Fridays, but I am going to have to find some motivation from somewhere because the past two it has not happened.  I think once pretty fall days come around I will be more inclined to get out there.

The good news is that I've been taking my runs outside!  Last Wednesday, Saturday, and this Wednesday I have gone on loops around my neighborhood.  They have been slow, but I haven't had to stop once!  It has been such a confidence boost to be able to just go out and run again without completely wanting to die.  Last Sunday I did 6x800s on the treadmill with a half mile warm up run and  a little over a mile of cool down.  I forgot to start my Nike+ a few times (boo) so I can't say what my times are for sure, but it felt really strong!  I'm really digging these intervals.

Tomorrow I am doing a local race (yay $25 dollar entry fees!).  Hopefully I will be able to say that I met my New Year's resolution of PR-ing in a 15k.  Tomorrow (or Monday, let's be real) you will get a full race recap.  Until then, have a happy weekend!

Like I could really go a whole post without putting a picture of my sweet baboo up.  Come on, people.


1 comment:

  1. Just imagine my Barley girl running behind you, chomping all the way and you'll have no problem with that New Year's resolution :)

    ReplyDelete