1. Watching the Pirates. Yeah, they didn't win (ugh), but it was fun hanging out with my parents and cheering them on.
2. Touring ball parks. On Sunday my parents and I toured the Nationals' field. I really enjoyed learning about the park and the best part? The Pirates had some of their gear in the dugout so we got to get all excited about seeing our favorite players helmets. It's the little things.
3. Walking around DC. The monuments never fail to amaze me. I loved getting to show my parents around my town.
4. Visiting breweries. Over the summer I went to a couple of beer festivals and discovered Jailbreak Brewing. It's a new brewery so if you're ever in town make sure to give them some love! I really enjoyed their jalapeno beers as well as some bourbon aged stouts, which surprised me because I usually shy away from those styles. The tour was informative and you got a sampler and a pint glass with your ticket. A win in my book!
5. Playing with my new foster! Last Thursday I got sweet foster puppy Jessie. We think she's a basset/beagle mix and she just radiates joy. She and my dad bonded very quickly and I think it was hard on both of them to say goodbye! If you are looking for a playful, snuggly, happy pup make sure to visit Lucky Dog's website to learn more about Jessie. Even though I'm going to miss her like crazy, I can't wait for her to find her perfect home! She is going to bring constant smiles to a lucky family every day.
What's been putting a smile on your face lately? Do you have any "must sees" when your family comes to visit?