1. My plan is 15 weeks. Last year I had a really long plan. This one seems short and it's scary. It fit on one nice page and is ready to have some workouts checked off!
2. I added two cross training days. Last year I think doing my Nike Training Club workouts helped a lot. Plus, they are only 15 minutes so it's a nice way just to get moving a little after a long day. If I can get some cardio cross training that's great, but I want to focus those days mainly on strength.
3. Two of our four treadmills are broken. Eek. I hope that when I get back from my parents' after the holidays that they will be back in order.
4. I got in a couple good non training runs last weekend. I ran on the W&OD trail with my nice friend last weekend as a last "hurrah" before my runs start to "count." Our last almost mile was at an 8:35 pace! Probably should make him run with me more often because I always tend to do better when he's around! I told my run club that I need them to keep me accountable to make sure I am pushing myself at our runs and they were really supportive. It's nice to have some running buddies!
5. Unrelated, but Maddux and I are getting a puppy! Lucky Dog was in need of some fosters and I felt like we should do something nice for the holidays. They came up so fast this year that I feel like I didn't have proper chance to get in the spirit, so hopefully this will help! Check out my foster pup here! I'll post more pictures of her once she arrives!
Who else is gearing up for a spring race? I can't wait to hear about how your training goes!
PS--Share this photo and comment with #SHAMROCKON15 and you will be entered in a chance to win 1 of 5 free entries to Shamrock weekend!