Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 1 Recap

Shamrock weekend is only 14 weeks away!  Week 1 went better than I expected, but I'll admit I was a little concerned after the first run.  I felt like it was a bad sign (I know, ever the optimist).  

Monday: Nike Training Club app for 15 minutes of butt exercises.  Woo strength training.

Wednesday: When I got to the gym, I found that two of the four treadmills at our complex are out of order.  Both the remaining 'mills were taken so I jumped on the elliptical for a few minutes.  When a treadmill was free, I was bummed because it was the one that always hurts my joints.  Not sure what the deal is with it, but it's really uncomfortable.  After a mile and a half I called it and decided I would just run laps outside.  A mile and a half of laps turned out to be the most boring thing ever, so I leashed up Maddux hoping to at least break up some boredom.  Let's just say we didn't make it very far.

Thursday: I made up the mile I had left from Wednesday and then did 15 minutes of arm exercises and 15 minutes of butt exercises.  

Saturday: A little over 5 miles with my run club.  I definitely pushed harder than I would have on my own and I was really happy with my pace.  After the run I got ready to pick up my foster pup, Demi!  I only had her for the night, but she was super sweet and I can't wait to read that she has found a family.  Maddux was even excited to have her, which is a first!  If anyone is interested in giving my sweet girl (or any of the other Lucky Dogs!) a home for the holidays, find out more information about adopting here.

  
We couldn't get over how soft she is!!

Sunday: I said a somewhat tearful goodbye to Demi at the adoption event (I'm getting better!!) and then finished up the last bit of Christmas shopping I had left.  I chose taking my pup on a nice long walk over running outside and ended up running on the treadmill.  I finished my 4 miles much faster than I expected and am feeling pretty good about where I'm at after the first week!

Week 1 Miles: ~13.5

How is your training going?  Does anyone else include strength training in their plan?  This is the first time I'm officially adding it, so I hope it helps!  

2 comments:

  1. Strength training will definitely help! See you this weekend! Pre race photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good first week! Sorry I wasn't a better motivator during the next couple!

    ReplyDelete