Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia for my usual Friday Five post! Make sure to check out their favorite indoor workout theme! Since I have been focusing mainly on running lately (Cross training? What's that?), I decided to just go over some things I've been loving right now, but I will say that Nike Training Club workouts rock!
1. These boots. I ordered them before we were supposed to get our first snow of the year up here because I thought they were cute as far as snow boots go. Now that I've had a chance to try them out, I love them even more! They are warm, keep my feet dry, and I have yet to bust my butt. (Knock on wood.)
2. Sudoku. This is silly, but I love the feeling I get when I solve them. Sometimes you just need a win in your day.
3. Maddux's treat ball. A couple of evenings ago it hailed. Maddux and I were not walking in the hail (ouch), plus the sidewalks were super slippery. Pup was cranky that he didn't get his normal walk, but this treat ball kept him entertained for a nice long while and wore him out.
4. Homemade cookies as running fuel. I have an easy time saying no to most packaged cookies, but I am a sucker for homemade cookies. I baked cookies before my run (because what better time is there to bake cookies?) and believe it or not, I had an amazing workout. One of my fastest and best feeling runs of the training plan! Woohoo!
5. Free classes! Courtney posts all the time about her love of Pure Barre and I've been wanting to try it for a while now. As I was looking for studios near me I found a Valentine's day special! Check out your local studio to see if they are running a similar deal! I figured the best time to try it was when I literally had nothing to lose. I'm really looking forward to it!
Have a wonderful weekend!