1. Love can last a life time. Before you roll you eyes and think that is totally cheesy, let me explain. My nice friend and I just headed to Colorado to join a TON of my family to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. It was so great being out there watching them renew their vows to one another. They are each other's rock and have been a fabulous team and a wonderful example of what love can be. I'm so thankful that I was able to share in their special day!
|Obvious where were get our good looks from.|
Photo cred for these awesome selfies goes to my sister!
2. It's ok to say no. Last summer my uncle and cousins convinced me to hike up to the top of St. Mary's Glacier. As a nonhiker, this was pretty traumatic for me (even though I will reluctantly admit that it was a great experience and I'm glad I did it!). My family and I returned to the glacier again this summer. My nice friend, dad, and I got to the glacier first. My nice friend was feeling adventurous, so my dad and he took off to continue climbing. I sat my butt down on a rock, enjoyed the views, and had a great time being silly with the gals in the family when they arrived. I had a great time and did not regret my decision to stay behind.
|Last year's view from the top.|
|This year's view from the bottom.|
It was a little rainy, a lot fun.
3. Sometimes you just have to ask. So, you guys know my love of Reba. When I was little I was really upset that my mom wouldn't let me dye my hair red so that I could look like Reba. (Obviously, we are twins except for that red hair thing...) When I saw that Reba was performing in Vegas I really wanted to go, but didn't think it would actually happen. I mentioned something about it to my aunt and she was immediately onboard with the idea. So much so that we actually booked our tickets already! Vegas here we come! I'm so glad I brought it up, because I might have missed a fun opportunity that may not come up again.
|I woud be ok if she sang Fancy over and over again.|
4. Grocery shopping can be exciting. I know what you're thinking. Grocery shopping sucks. It really does. BUT, after eating out a ton of meals, it was nice to be able to get back into my regular eating groove. When I eat out I am of the opinion that I should try what I want to try, even if it may not be the healthiest thing on the planet. At home I try to eat a lot cleaner. My fridge had been pretty pathetic leading up to my Colorado trip, but it is stocked back up with fruits, veggies, and of course, sriracha hummus. Definitely a good feeling!
5. Learning is exciting. I've always known this, but it's been renewed in the past couple of weeks. I mentioned in an earlier post that I started grad school. It is a little overwhelming trying to figure out how to be a student again, but I get a little giddy every time I think about the fact that I am a grad student. I am so excited to learn more and see what opportunities this opens up for me.
What have you learned lately? Or been reminded of recently? Have a fabulous weekend!