- Maddux woke me up as usual around 6am for breakfast and as usual I stumbled back to bed for a couple of hours after I filled his dish. Maddux let me sleep in until about 8 and then I made coffee and oatmeal and we snuggled on the couch for a little while watching Luke Bryan on Good Morning America. It's been such a gray day that it was hard to get up and moving!
|(No, I don't have snowflake sheets on my bed still. |
This just captures our typical mornings after he eats!)
- After Luke was done backing it on up (Kick the Dust up, anyone?) Maddux and I headed out for our first walk of the day. It's been surprisingly cool today! Nice change of pace for sure. When we got back I got ready for my run, which basically involved half heartedly using the stick to roll out my IT band while texting my mom about Luke's performance.
- I headed to the park and felt really strong on my run! Probably a big part of this was because of the cooler temps, but I'll take it any day! My pace was about 45 seconds faster per mile than it has been lately and I even cranked out the last mile in just under 9 minutes. It was a great confidence boost. I need to figure out where I am on my training plan so I can start checking runs off again. I didn't bring it with me on my Alabama trip, so I've just been kind of running to build up a base. So far so good!
- After my run I ran some errands. Maddux needed food and I needed the new Luke Bryan album so off to Target I went. I know some of y'all are going to make jokes about the fact that I bought a cd, but y'all are going to hate it when you miss out on the bonus tracks haha! While I was at Target I also redeemed my free Starbucks drink since it was about to expire.
|Corgis and Luke. Doesn't get much better.|
- Now I'm eating lunch and typing this up before it's time to get ready for my friends' wedding rehearsal. I'm going to try to squeeze in one more quick walk and some homework, too!
|Congrats to the beautiful bride to be!|
So that's been my day so far! Just one of those run around getting things done kind of days. I'm really looking forward to next week because I'll have a little bit of down time where I can focus on school work and relaxing before work kicks into high gear again.
Tell me something about your day! Did you get a break from the summer heat, too? Any other Luke Bryan lovers?! My sister and I are going to see him in concert in a few weeks and I am beyond excited!