Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Who Needs a Schedule?

I was so excited to have last Friday off for Veteran's Day.  I just knew I was going to spend the day relaxing and then checking off one of my runs I had planned for the week.  Instead I got a text that said, "Want to grab lunch?" and that seemed like a much better idea.  Seeing I hadn't showered yet (what are relaxing days for anyway?) I decided to make myself look presentable for my boy.  The afternoon went by really fast after that and before I knew it, it was time to meet my friend for dinner.  (Don't say I didn't warn you this entire blog would be about my eating habits!)  I really hate the thought of running when I feel clean and pretty.  Before I shower?  Sure.  After working?  Absolutely, I look crazy anyway.  Girls' night with one of my best friends to get Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and burgers took priority.

Saturday was the perfect day.  It was absolutely gorgeous out so Maddux and I hit the trails at a local park for the afternoon.

 My dog is so cute :-)

I think by this point he was a little tired of taking pictures.


After a much needed nap, I manned up and got ready for my long run.  I was surprised at how easy it was.  I felt great the whole time through and when Will Smith's Switch came on my ipod I was inspired to run half a mile longer than I originally intended.  6.5 miles-Check!  This week's long run is coming up way too fast.  I might want to run sometime in between now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment