Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog the Change

Today we're switching things up a little since I've been doing just about everything except running.  I found this movement through my sister's blog (that is actually supports animal causes on the daily) and figured since I talk about Maddux probably more than I do about running that we could take a little break from the usual.

I've talked about this organization before, but Lucky Dog Animal Rescue truly is one of the best things that has crossed my path.  A month from today Maddux and I will be celebrating our two year anniversary thanks to LDAR.



Lucky Dog Animal Rescue is unique in that it does not have a physical building.  It is completely volunteer based and rescues dogs from high kill shelters.  Maddux came from a shelter in South Carolina and I cannot thank Lucky Dog enough for saving my pup's life!  It's hard to imagine Maddux in that situation because he is such a lover.  He is probably the sweetest dog I have ever met and those corgi ears get me every time.



When I first saw Maddux on PetFinder, I was a little concerned that I had to go to an adoption event to meet him.  I was used to the conventional method of visiting a shelter and visiting a dog there and wasn't sure how meeting him at a store was going to work out.  I found that LDAR does a great job of organizing volunteers and the events are run smoothly.  The volunteers are knowledgeable about the dogs they are handling and while the adoption process is thorough, it was easy and the adoption coordinator even answered questions I had a couple weeks down the road.

While I don't volunteer as often as I would like, it's really fun to get to hang with a pup for the afternoon.  If I thought I could foster without getting too attached I would definitely consider it!  LDAR also has great fundraisers.  They have an upcoming one this weekend at a dog friendly winery and my nice friend and I had a great time last year with our pup.



So the long and short of it is that Lucky Dog Animal Rescue rocks, rescue dogs are the best, and anyone who is looking for a "fur"ever friend should check them out!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love LDAR for saving my nephew pup! He is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete