Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tracking Nutrition

I feel like normally I eat a decent enough diet.  I try to get a fruit or vegetable in at every meal, but I definitely eat A LOT and consume my fair share of chocolate.  Lately I've been eating a lot more pre-made meals (think frozen dinners) or something super easy like grilled cheese or cereal.  I've been so busy and haven't really had a chance to go to the grocery store so I haven't had as many fresh ingredients on hand.

Today I started tracking my diet for a class I'm taking.  I'm interested to see how it's going to impact my eating habits.  It's going to be hard seeing all the calories and sugar adding up and is probably going to be a good reality check for me.  In the past I used to use the Glamour food and workout logs.  It was hard to get a good read on my diet because I had to input a lot of what I ate on my own.  This being said, I often left out fat content, protein, sugars, etc. and only put in calories.  Eventually it got to be too much of a pain in the rear and it faded out of my life.

After talking to some other Sweat Pink Ambassadors, I decided to go with the My Fitness Pal tracking site.  So far it's been really easy to use.  Pretty much everything I ate today popped up in the options list which was nice.  It doesn't particularly like how much food I consumed today and let's me know it with angry, red font, but I think I can handle two more days of it.  From what I understand, it's just to get a read on what our personal nutrition is so that we can apply what we learn in class to it.  Who knows.

So while the food part went not so well, at least I had a decent exercise day today.  Mad Dog and I went to the park and had a nice long walk and I ran a mile on the 'mill after 6 miles on the stationary bike.  I wanted to ease back into running since my legs were so incredibly sore after my half marathon on Sunday.

This is where we spent the majority of Sunday and Monday after work.  I wasn't sure I was ever going to be able to move normally again.  


Happy (almost!!) weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Well, if that thing is upset with you about your chocolate intake, it's clearly flawed and doesn't understand that mental health is just as important as physical health ;)

    ReplyDelete