1. Crawlin' Crab is almost here!!! 3 more weeks and then I'm heading down to Hampton to run my little heart out. Fingers crossed for some nice fall weather!
2. I'm all signed up for the Surfin' Santa 5 Miler. I'm so excited about this one. My best friend is running in it (she's actually doing the Crawlin' Crab 5k with me, too) and it will be so nice just to have some time to hang out. It's in the evening so there won't be any ridiculous wake up times and we can just enjoy the holiday season together. I know it's still a little ways off, but I love knowing I have best friend time on the calendar!
|Early race starts are made better by besties!|
3. We're one step closer to figuring out what's up with Mad Pup. Poor fella hasn't been himself lately, but his blood work came out clean, so it's a relief to know that he doesn't have anything super serious going on. He's on some pain medication for his arthritis which will hopefully work wonders, especially when it's paired with some cooler weather!
|Maddux got ice cream after the vet because I felt|
bad about his fast and that he got poked with needles.
4. I'm an official member of a running club! Still planning on going to my store runs pretty regularly, but I like knowing I have options. Plus, my store group runs 3-5 and sometimes a girl just needs a buddy for runs longer than that.
5. My cousin and I figured out a wonderful weekend run plan. Meet at a trail in the middle, run however many miles we want/need, and then head to DuClaw Brewing for some game day specials for lunch. Gotta replenish those carbs ya know?
|Sometimes we have contests when we run to determine who buys drinks.|
Whoever had the most color in this race won. I lost, only because I sweat a lot.
What are some happy things going on with you?