Since once again, running has been pretty uneventful, I'm going to switch up my usual post and instead ask for some recommendations. The list below shows what I'm looking for. And as always, don't forget to check out the Friday Five link up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia!
1. Easy, healthy soup recipes. One of my favorite soups is literally dump everything in a crock pot and forget about it. It's a little on the heavy side though, and while I love it, I know it's not necessarily the best thing for me to be eating all fall and winter!
2. Good face lotion. Guys, I'm getting old. Ok, not super old, but I definitely have wrinkles that weren't there before. I think it's time to upgrade from my old standard, and I'm ok with spending a little money if it's going to last a long time and work miracles. If it's over $20 though, I probably won't buy it. Just sayin'.
3. Dog friendly restaurants! So now that fall is finally here in the DC metro area, I would love to be able to enjoy some patio dinners where my pup can tag along.
4. The best local 5k, 10k, 10 milers. Once again, I love fall weather, and want to make sure I have some good local races on my calendar to keep me motivated after this half. I tend to fall off the training boat after a race and don't want that to happen this time!
5. The best pumpkin beer. I was lucky enough to get to try a lot of different local pumpkin beers last weekend. I went to Local Brews and Local Grooves and the Maryland Brewer's Harvest Festival and they had all kinds of fall beers out! I highly recommend both events. The Harvest Festival had food pairings as well from a few different places (including Volt!) and they were super tasty.
|Good friends and good beer makes for an excellent Friday night.|
If you have a recommendation for any of these I would love to hear it! Have a fabulous weekend, friends!