1. I've been spending a lot of time on the treadmill. In a perfect world I would have a nice balance of treadmill and outside runs. In this frozen world, I have opted out of snow and ice and have been kicking it inside.
2. Speaking of Frozen... Did you guys see that there's an arrest warrant out for Queen Elsa? It made me smile. Hope they catch her soon!
3. Maddux is really funny in the snow. This is the one part of snow that makes me happy. My pup gets so playful after the first good snowfall. It lasts for about 2 minutes, but for those 2 minutes he romps around like he is a young pup again. I love seeing him having so much fun!
4. I have had two races cancelled because of the cold. Yep, two. One was a 14k and another was a 10 miler. They were supposed to be part of my long run training, but such is life. I have a 15k coming up in two weeks. Hopefully the snow will be out of our region by then!
5. I've had some really good runs. Despite it all, I've actually been feeling pretty good. I ran 9 miles on Monday and felt amazing. I ran 3.5 yesterday (I thought I was going to be running 15 between Saturday and Sunday--might still happen, so I figured I would keep it short for my Thursday run) and ended up feeling pretty speedy! I need a couple more long runs to feel confident going into Shamrock, but at this point it's looking like I'll have a pretty good race. 27 days away!
|BOOM. I'm thinking that 5k PR is on its way!|
Stay warm, friends!
Have you had any races cancelled because of the weather? How's your training going!? Even though we have to deal with this crap weather, I think I do better training during the winter than the summer staying on track!