1. Fitness should be fun. I really enjoy exploring new trails with my pup. It just makes me happy. Sometimes I forget that walking is a great form of exercise. If I'm doing the Nike Training Club workouts I usually catch up on one of my favorite tv shows while I'm doing them. Makes time fly by!
2. Fitness in the great outdoors is so much better than fitness in the stuffy indoors. I love spending time out in the sunshine, whether it be a long walk with my pup or a run on a trail. Tank top tan lines are the best.
3. It's ok to not sign up for races that you've always done. Tomorrow I'm 99.9% sure I am not running in this local 5k that I love. I'm just tired and haven't been running at all. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in. Yes, I'll get my run in later, but I just can't justify spending money on a run when I literally can't remember the last time I ran. Just because I've done it in the past doesn't mean I should feel obligated to do it now. (On a side note, it's also ok to sign up for races and just have fun without worrying too much about time. This is just not that race for me.)
4. It's ok to sign up for completely ridiculous races. Last weekend my nice friend and I ran in the Flying Dog .1k. Yep, you read that right. .1k. It was so much fun and we had many good laughs watching people complete the "race."
|Yes, those are gels to fuel up for the race.|
5. Check lists are incredible. When I was training for my half marathon I had a check list on my fridge and I was a little obsessive about making sure every run got checked off. I made one for May, but need to come up with some kind of reward system to make sure I actually get it done. A PR in my race was the perfect motivation, but this one has no race at the end of it. I just really need to make fitness a priority again and hopefully this will help.
What are fitness truths that you swear by?