1. The stick. I used to always just lug my foam roller, but when I flew to Florida for a race this wasn't really an option. I purchased the stick for traveling and I'm so glad I did. It's so much easier to roll out my super tight calves than with a foam roller.
2. Race day breakfast. I always am nervous on race day and have found that good ol' energy bars are the best thing to get me through a race. Added bonus is that they are quick and easy so I don't have to worry about getting up any earlier than I have to.
3. My water bottle. I try so hard to stay hydrated and it's much easier when you're constantly toting a water bottle around.
4. Flip flops. After a race my feet have no desire to get back into real shoes.
5. My favorite travel buddy. Whether it is my best gal friend or my best dog friend, it's always nice to have someone there to cheer you on! (Yes, I know this one was cheating a little, but how else am I going to get a pic of my favorite guy up here!)
|Maddux says he wants to do a post on what's in his bag, too!|
What are your gym/race bag essentials? Anyone else doing the Runner's World Summer Run Streak? So far so good on my end!