Here's what I have been doing:
1. Visiting my family. I had a great time spending about a week with my family. Maddux and I made a stop in North Carolina to visit my brother and his amazing girlfriend. They introduced me to Morning Star Spicy Black Bean burgers (yum!) and took us to a lake where we had a nice long walk. My brother's girlfriend and I vowed to run the whole 7 mile loop one day. After visiting with my brother, Maddux and I headed down to Alabama and had a great time just relaxing and hanging out. I ate waaaaay too much, but managed to get in a couple of runs and workouts. My parents have an area in their basement with an elliptical and my little hand weights, so I alternated between 10 minutes of elliptical time and lunges, squats, and arm work a couple of times. It was a nice way to switch it up!
2. Buying things for my dog. I signed Maddux up for another class! I'm so excited to start! I also got him a subscription for Bark Box since our THREE year anniversary is coming up. I can't even remember what life was like before this handsome fella made it in my life!
3. Reading. You guys know I could read all day if someone let me. I finished up a couple of random books I had on my Nook as well as After Her by Joyce Maynard. Right now I'm reading The Returned by Jason Mott. It's the book that inspired the ABC show Resurrection. I'm not very far into it yet, but so far I like the show better.....I have hopes that it will pick up soon.
4. Cooking! After the week with my family I realized that I needed to do some serious clean up as far as my diet is concerned. I flipped through my Cook Yourself Thin cookbook and picked a couple of recipes to try. I made mini meatloaves which were pretty good and then lasagna. It's been nice to have a more regular intake of fruits and veggies in my system!
|Best dinner ever on a stormy night!|
5. Connecting with fellow bloggers! I got accepted as a Girls Gone Sporty ambassador this weekend and I'm excited to meet other fitness loving writers. Girls Gone Sporty is an online magazine, but also a site that provides support and encouragement to women trying to lead better, healthier lives. Check out their website here.
I hope everyone has been doing well! I hope to get back onto a regular blogging schedule again soon, but until then enjoy your break from my rambling. :)