1. It's 19 weeks long. My race seems so incredibly far away, but I know from experience that it works. I'm in pretty rough shape right now, so it will be good to slowly build back up.
2. The running streak is going on during it. Part of me worries that I'm going to get burnt out on running before my plan even gets started. A bigger part of me loves a good challenge and I know I would be disappointed in myself if I stopped now.
3. Summer running. Eek. I'm a little concerned about getting long runs done in the summer heat. This means some early rising is in my future or lots of quality treadmill time. I need to get used to running with my Camelbak so I can survive these super sweaty runs.
4. I'm not gunning for a PR. At least not in the half. Ok, if it happens I won't be upset, but since my race is part of a challenge, I'm going to try for a PR in the 5k portion. I haven't PRed in a 5k in YEARS. I haven't been in decent shape for one in a long time, so I'm hoping that since I'll be all half marathon ready that the 5k will be cake.
5. Being flexible may be harder than I thought. This summer is going to be crazy (fun) busy. I'm really excited about all my plans, but am going to have to be really diligent about getting my runs in. I know I can do it, and I've tried to map out the dates that will be tough on my training plan so we shall see how it goes!
|Can't wait for summer concerts!|
Anybody else training for a race? (Any other ridiculously long plans?!) If you have hints for getting used to running with a Camelbak I would LOVE to know how you did it!