Wednesday, January 16, 2013

11 Things

Lisa from Lisa Runs for Cupcakes linked me to a post about the "Liebster Award."  Straight from her blog, this means:


Liebster is German for “dearest” and this award it given to fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers as a way to spread the “new blogger” love! The guidelines are that you must:
1.  Write 11 random facts about yourself;
2.  Answer the 11 questions set forth by the nominator(s); and
3.  Write 11 new questions for 11 new nominees!

I think it's a fun idea and a great way to get to know a little more about fellow bloggers (thanks for including me, Lisa!).  Feel free to play along and spread the love :-)

11 Random Facts
1. I love corgis.
2. I am a hot mess without a vat of coffee in the mornings.
3. Dolphins, zebras, and donkeys are my favorite animals.
4. On the donkey note, I really want to get one and name it Burrito.
5. Speaking of burritos, I'm pretty sure I could eat Mexican every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.
6. If dishes, cost, and grocery shopping in general weren't factors I would cook ALL the time.
7. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
8. I love dresses.
9. I also love scarves, especially my zebra scarf :-)
10. I'll spend way more on running shoes than any other pair of shoes I want.
11. I love to read.

Random picture of Maddux to break things up.


11 Questions from Lisa


1.  What is your favorite pair of sneakers?
I love both pairs that I'm rotating right now--Saucony Guide 5s and Guide 6s.  

2.  If you could run a destination race anywhere, where would you have the race?
I really want to run another Disney race!  It was so much fun seeing all the characters and running through the parks.

3.  What is your favorite race distance?
I've only done a couple, but I really love 10ks.  They aren't too short, you can fit in training for them a lot easier than longer races, and you still feel like you're getting a good workout in. I will say the half makes you feel more badass though... ;-)

4.  Who is your favorite Disney character?
ARIEL!!!!!  Second place goes to Kronk from Emperor's New Groove.

5.  What is your race preference? Out and back or point to point?
I like the loop.  I want to end up in the same place, but don't necessarily want to think about how far I still have to go.

6.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I have somewhere to post all my pictures of Maddux :-)  But seriously, I really like getting all my thoughts out.

7.  How do you stay motivated in the winter months?
Hot chocolate, cute running clothes, and a hot shower. 

8.  What races are coming up for you in 2013?
Rock n' Roll DC, Nike Women's Half, ZOOMA Annapolis 10k! I have a few other smaller ones, but those are the ones closest on the radar.

9.  What is your favorite city and why?
Oh man, I can't pick.  I love pretty much any city I go to.  I <3 Dallas, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, and Savannah, just to name a few.

10.  What is your favorite way to cross-train?
Walking my my pup!  I really like fitness classes, but haven't done any in a while since I don't have a gym membership. 

11.  Which flavor cupcake and icing do you like best?  
At my birthday race they had a delicious cookies and cream one.  To be honest though, I'm really not picky about cupcakes as long as there is chocolate somewhere.

Maddux loves snowman cupcakes best.


My 11 Questions

1. What food can you not live without?
2. Where is your favorite place to exercise?
3. If you could have any pet, what would it be?
4. Favorite music to get you pumped?
5. What's one weird food you've always wanted to try?
6. What did you want to be when you were little?
7. What is one thing you NEED for a workout?
8. What is your favorite color to wear?
9. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
10. What is your go to meal? 
11. What is your typical Starbucks order?

11 Bloggers
Honestly, I have to limit myself as to how many blogs I can read or I would spend even more time procrastinating.  I'm sure I could find 11 to share, but I'll give you two of my favorites that don't have thousands of followers, but should.


Happy Wednesday!  We're almost to the weekend!




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your zebra scarf made the list! And you tried to make me feel guilty about pressuring you into that purchase ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, yeah. I've definitely gotten my money's worth.

      Delete