Monday, January 21, 2013

There's a Reason This isn't a Food Blog

I haven't posted in a few days because honestly, my runs have been nothing to write home about (literally).  I did have some fun weekend plans that made me not worry too much about the lack of amazing runs.

This guy had a play date and got a bath.  It was a big weekend for him.

I was reminded on Saturday why this isn't a food blog.  I took my nice friend to Range for his birthday dinner and half way through our meal I said "OH MY GOSH I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PICTURES!!!!" because it was that pretty.  I whipped out my phone and tried to discreetly take pictures (it just didn't seem like it was the classiest thing to do), annnnd they are not pretty.  Somehow I managed to make our food look pretty unappetizing.  Oops.  The food was amazing and I will let you picture what you wish in your mind.  I also got to wear this fun dress that has been hanging in my closet for too long.  It was a fantastic night and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone in the area who is looking for a fun place to try.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing at my aunt's house and eating more good food.  I made another recipe from my crock pot cook book when I got home, but somehow managed to get wrong proportions of every single ingredient.  Luckily my lack of recipe attention skills didn't affect the taste, but once again this masterpiece is going without documentation because it just doesn't look that good.

I'm fighting off a cold so going into tonight's run I had pretty low expectations.  I told myself that since I felt so tired I only had to run 3 miles and then see how I felt from there.  When I got to the gym I saw that 2 of the 3 'mils had out of order signs and slightly panicked, but figured if someone wanted mine it would be a good reason to end a little early (I know...).  I took it pretty easy and still felt ok at mile 3 so figured I would get some water and keep on keepin' on for a little bit.  I looked around and the other people at the gym still looked content with their workouts so I figured I'd run a mile more.  People still looked happy so I ran one more mile.  At that point I figured I may as well run the 6 I had originally planned earlier in the week.  This run took a lot out of me, but I'm feeling a lot less congested and will sleep well tonight!

Not bad for taking it easy.  


Happy Inauguration Day MLK Day Monday! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a run!

    How did the play date go? Was my nephew a gracious host?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did! I definitely wasn't thinking I was going that far when I headed over to the gym!

      The play date was good. Maddux loves his toys when other dogs want them, but I think he had a fun time :-)

      Delete