Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia for the Friday Five. My life has been a bit chaotic the past 6 months, and while I've had tons of things to write about, I just haven't had the motivation to do so. Here's a quick look back at some of the highlights:
- I moved: I had been thinking about it for a while (you know the whole rent goes way up, apartment doesn't get any better thing) and I finally found the right place. Maddux is loving our new neighborhood. I ran 8 miles in my neighborhood without getting bored or having to run the same streets over and over. I can definitely get used to it! My new place is quite a bit smaller than my old place, but I am slowly getting organized and making the most of the space I have. It's also been a good chance to declutter a bit.
|Side story: I bought Maddux this bed years ago. This is the first time|
he has EVER got on it on his own. It was a very exciting 2 minutes for me.
- My little brother got married! It was the most perfect, special weekend and I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law!
- Lots of J&A races: The Wicked 10k, Harbor Lights Half (on my birthday!), and Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler were all amazing races and I'm glad that I was able to make it down for them.
- I went to Vegas: Over the summer my aunts and I decided that we'd run away together to go see Reba and Brooks and Dunn. It was my first trip out and I loved getting to see my idol again.
|Reba and corgis. My favorite things.|
- Shamrock training has begun: Well, kind of. Honestly, 2015 wasn't a huge running year for me. I finally PRed in the half and 5k and since then it has been really hard to be motivated to train. I had been working so hard to get those PRs and when I finally did I wasn't really sure what to do next. On the plus side, I started Body Pump a couple of weeks ago! I'm hoping that the added strength training will help my running. I'm also going to try to incorporate some yoga into my plan, too.
Life is calming down a little now that the holidays are over, but since I now have a working camera you might see a few more updates from me from time to time. I'm also going to attempt doing a weekly training update, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Have a great weekend!