1. I finished an amazing book today. I highly recommend The Lake House by Kate Morton (and all of her other books!). It was one of those you almost hate for it to end because you enjoyed reading it so much. There were tons of twists and I kept revising my theories about how it was going to wrap up.
2. Am I the only one who has to leave notes to remember new medications? Poor Maddux is on a liver supplement (he's ok, we're just trying to figure out what some off levels in his blood mean). It has to be given on a full stomach, so I've been super paranoid about missing it and have resulted to leaving little post its as reminders. I will keep you updated when I know what's going on with my little man.
3. Body Pump is amazing.
4. I am starting to really like yoga. It challenges me in a way that running doesn't and it is kind of nice to be forced to slow down. One of my new year's mantras (I guess that's the right word for it?) is to be mindful, and I'm hoping this helps! I'm also hoping adding Body Pump and yoga into my weekly routine will help my running.
5. The other day our heat broke (honestly, it was good timing. If you have to break do it in time to get fixed before the blizzard!). Poor Maddux looked so pathetic all snuggled up in his blanket.
6. I have been binge watching Gilmore Girls. My sister got me hooked on the Gilmore Guys podcast (which was a life saver on my drive from Alabama to Virginia!). Listening to them talk about some of the minute details made me want to go back and rewatch them all (again).
7. I was all pumped to try my first Hungry Harvest delivery this weekend, but it got cancelled because of the impending
8. Grad school starts back up again on Monday! It's been really nice to have a break and I know the next four months are going to fly by.
I hope you guys all have a safe, warm weekend! (And that you get to start it a little early like I do!)