Sunday, January 24, 2016

Uh, Sunday 5?

Hello from the frozen north!  (AKA DC area) I missed posting on Friday because it was my nice friend's birthday and we have been filling our snowy days with the perfect amount of laziness.  I can't wait to read how you guys have been spending your weekend!  Be sure to check out the Friday Five link up with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney!

1. I went for one last run before the snow hit!  Guys, this run was just what I needed.  I have been in such a weird place with running, and this run was really fun.  Nothing special or out of the ordinary, but it was one of those days when I just wanted to keep running.  I also found a new trail near my house! I ran into a fellow runner who told me of plenty of other connecting trails, too.  I see many happy exploring runs in my future!




Honker, I mean hunker down geese!  Hope they stayed warm.




2. We beat Mario.  Super adults.

3. We finished our puzzle! 



4. We did (part of) this work out by Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers.  It was a great way to break a little sweat when we couldn't get out of the house.

Thanks, Julie!  This was a good one!


5. I started reading Bart Yasso's book.  I've been meaning to read it for a while, but it kept getting pushed back because of library holds coming available and people lending me books.  Let me tell you, it is dumb to read a book about running fun when you can't actually go outside for a run.  I'm ready to get those roads clear so I can make Bart proud! (Who knows, I might meet him again at Shamrock!  Just for the record, he is the nicest guy and really fun to chat with!  I was lucky to have the opportunity to hang with him while working the J&A booth at the race last year.)



Who else was snowed in this weekend?  How did you spend your time?  I spent plenty of time napping, Netflixing, and cookie baking, too.  Perfect snow day activities!  Stay warm, friends!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed being snowed in this weekend! I watched movies, cleaned my house, baked and got caught up on a few things. Even shoveling snow was cathartic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed getting to hang out around the house, too! Lots of much needed organizing and bumming around happened :)

      Delete
  2. I ran Friday and Sunday, so was only "snowed in" Saturday...but I shoveled and went out to dinner so I didn't even have a chance to get stir crazy. I enjoyed the lazy day though - first Saturday in a long time that I wasn't waking up early to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, shoveling is no joke. I was sore the next day! You probably needed a little break after all the miles you've put in lately :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Bart's book! I've always wanted to try his 10 day training plan, but have never been able to because of my work schedule. That might change soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking the book! I've laughed out loud several times. I've looked at the 10 day training plan a little, but kind of like taking it one week at a time. Guess it couldn't hurt trying advice from an awesome runner though!

      Delete