1. Snow days are wonderful. For some reason I associate snow days with organizing. I guess it's like you have a bonus day where you have nothing else planned so you may as well deal with the piles of crap? Anyway, I unpacked two boxes that have been sitting and waiting for months and it feels so good to have a better handle on life.
|Living room is pretty much done! Woohoo!|
2. Shoveling is an awesome workout. I'd prefer to never have to do it again, but at least I earned all those cookies I ate while snowed in.
3. Body Pump is still my favorite. Although at first I was kind of bummed that our songs stay pretty much the same (the instructor changed around a couple this week!), I'm kind of glad that they are consistent. I have a better idea of what is coming and I feel like I'm finally ready to add a little weight to some of the tracks. Even though I haven't had nearly the mileage that a half marathoner in training should have, I am proud of myself for my cross training this time around. Stretching and strength are bound to help in some capacity, right?
|Didn't want to do push ups anyway.|
4. Why is it that when I have decided to try to save some money I find a million races I want to do? So far I've been strong and have resisted and I keep telling myself that these races are good ones that will be around next year.
5. Ok, so still on my Gilmore Girls binge and every time I can't understand what Lorelei sees in Jason. Yuck.
6. I'm ready to run again! I realize it hasn't even been a week yet, but I finally am feeling like I want to run and it's killing me that I can't. I'm really hoping that the sidewalks will be cleared off by this weekend, but at least my neighborhood isn't super busy so I should be ok on the roads.
7. I really want a bike, yet I know nothing about bikes. I found a cute one that is reasonably priced, but who knows if it is a good one. I would use it more for errands than for high mileage, so that probably makes a difference? Anyone have any advice? (Also, does the saying "it's like riding a bike" really hold true? It's been a while. Am I going to completely embarrass myself?)
8. I'm going to leave you with a random fun fact from my calendar: Buzz Aldrin's mom's maiden name was Moon! How crazy? Did anyone else love the Astronaut Wives mini series on ABC? It was fabulous.
Tell me something random going through your mind! Any fun facts you have learned recently? What workouts are you loving lately?