1. Running in San Diego. I did the Runner's World Summer Running Streak and part of it was while I was on vacation in beautiful San Diego. Going out there I wasn't sure how running would go. I knew that we were going to be really busy, but they ended up being some of my best (and fastest) miles yet. I loved running along the water with the amazing summer temperature.
2. Boordy Vineyards 5k. I'm so excited that I found this 5k! Charm City Run puts on a fantastic race and obviously it doesn't hurt that it ends with wine and a bread and cheese platter. I had a great time running with one of my best friends and can't wait to go back next year!
3. The Nike Women's Half Marathon. I'm a little sad I chose to opt out in 2014 because I really loved this race. In my opinion the course was amazing and what girl doesn't love getting Tiffany's handed to her by a guy dressed to the nines? While it was a little rough getting back into the game after not running for so long, this race helped remind me why I love running.
4. Zooma Annapolis Kick Off Party. Ok, this may sound weird, but I really enjoyed the kick off event they had at Charm City Run! It was fun getting to meet some fellow runners and I had a great time chatting with the ladies during our group run. The Panera bagels and coffee after we returned was a nice touch, too. It made me really excited for the race and I am looking forward to doing it all again in 2014!
5. Zoo Zoom. I loved that my nice friend chose to run this with me as part of my birthday celebration! Although it was cold, I had a great time at the race and really enjoyed exploring the zoo after. Since it was so cold it was ALMOST like we had the zoo to ourselves!
I had a fantastic year and am excited to see what 2014 brings! Happy Friday!