Monday, December 17, 2012

A Happy Holiday Weekend

This weekend was amazing.  I've been fighting a bit of a cold, but I didn't let it slow me down.  I ended up running three times this weekend and overall they were pretty good.

Friday I felt like complete crap when I left work, but after a nap I felt ok enough to run a few easy miles.  I find when I have a cold I feel so much better after a run.  I always feel a little less congested.

Saturday started off with a run around the park.  It was a gorgeous day and I knew I couldn't pass up an opportunity to run.  I went to my favorite park and just ran some relaxed miles.  After I took Maddux to see Santa!  Petsmart had pictures the past few weekends and gave half of the proceeds to Petsmart Charities.  It's a fun way to give back even though our picture turned out a little crazy.




After pictures my nice friend came over and we went ice skating!  It was way harder than I remembered.  We ended up skating for about two hours.  I'd call that great winter cross training ;-)  It was definitely a fun date!  You know you have a good boy when he agrees to buy you a peppermint chip shake from Chick-fil-a to refuel.  As my grandma would say, he's a keeper.

After skating I figured I'd give myself a little break on Sunday, but then after running all my errands I was feeling the need to get a few miles in.  May have been from my grande caramel brulee latte.  I ended up running 3.5 miles in about 31 minutes.  I kept bumping up the speed on the treadmill at every song change and it felt good to push myself a little bit.  My legs felt great the whole time and it was nice to have such a great run.

Have a happy week! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love your picture! Santa looks younger than I thought he was, though. And, Grandma would also appreciate his ability to skate backwards, so he's definitely a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Santa may have been an impostor...

    Viv would have loved him!!! I think he appreciated the advice I gave him that I learned from her :-)

    ReplyDelete