This year has gone by incredibly fast. I can't believe just about a year ago I was writing my 2012 resolutions and was getting ready to tackle this year.
Although my resolutions didn't all go as planned, I think 2012 was a fantastic year. I'm thinking 2013 is going to be pretty great, too. Before I tell you my grand plans for 2013 resolution-wise, I thought we'd look back at some of the highlights of 2012.
1. I ran two half marathons! Yes, one didn't go as planned, but the other was amazing and I loved every single minute of it.
2. Each of my family members made it down to DC and some of them made it multiple times. I had so much fun showing off my city, especially now that I kind of know where I'm going on our Lindsey-guided tours.
|Avett Brothers Concert!!|
3. I got to see my baby brother graduate from college. That was cool.
4. I got to go to DISNEY!!! I'm really sad that it costs so much to get to Disney, play at Disney, and race at Disney. I would run a race at Disney 5 times a year if I could.
5. Good beer. There was a lot of beer consumed in 2012. I discovered a little beer shop near my place with a decent selection, we made it out to Flying Dog quite a few times, and several meals were enjoyed at Dogfish Head Alehouse. I call that a win. My nice friend and I went to the Laughs and Drafts festival early in the year which was a lot of fun. You get to try unlimited beer samples from local breweries all while listening to different comedians perform. We also discovered the Lost Rhino Brewery, which wasn't quite as colorful as Flying Dog, but was still fun.
6. I found another great park where Maddux and I walk all the time. I've had a lot of great runs there, too.
7. I did my first mud run! It was really cold. I'm not sure I'll ever do one again, but it's checked off my bucket list, so I'm happy.
8. I ran my first race by myself. Ok, I've had a couple where I technically was the only one running the race, but I had someone there to cheer me on/hold my stuff. This one I signed up for by myself and went by myself and actually had a lot of fun. This is also where I learned about the park from great thing #6.
9. Even though my pup has had some health issues this year, we've had a lot of great times together. We've had lots of awesome walks and finished our first class together. We're actually starting up another one in a couple of weeks!
10. Honestly, the list could go on and on, but I'll end it with the fact that I am ending the year with my family and am so excited for all the things that 2013 has to come. It's been a really great year, and I couldn't have asked for a better one.
|There was a DONKEY at church. That should have gotten its own number.|
I hope you enjoy the last day of the year!