Friday, December 14, 2012

Sharing is Caring Part 2

I know that my blog has been deceiving lately with all the cooking that has been going on lately, but it's time for our new Fridays in December tradition.  

Today I'm going to share with you my all time favorite cookie recipe.  When I was little my mom used to make these all the time (now she's moved on to peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  Some of us are better at change than others).  I think somewhere down the line it started off as a Nestle Tollhouse recipe, but then got changed around to fit our chocolate loving needs.  Honestly, I'm not sure what part I like better, the dough or the actual cookie.  With oatmeal and dark chocolate being two key ingredients I am sure they are super healthy for you, too ;-)

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Get It: 
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup margarine (or butter) softened
  • 1.5 cups brown sugar (mom's recipe calls for it packed, but I usually measure it loose so they aren't quite as sweet)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1.5 cups oats
  • 1 12 oz package of dark chocolate chips (any chocolate will do, but dark is my favorite!)
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla
Make It: 

Preheat your oven to 375.  Combine margarine, brown sugar, eggs and water until creamy.  Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and vanilla.  Eat lots of dough, but don't get salmonella.  Drop by generous spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Enjoy!




I know I've said this before, but I really love these cookies.  They always remind me of fun times in the kitchen with my mom and are perfect for sharing.  It's a really easy recipe to split in half, but I think it's more fun to brighten someone's day by bringing them into work. 

Have a happy weekend!  May it be filled with cookies and smiles :-)



2 comments:

  1. Why would you want them to be less sweet? You are crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I can eat more in one sitting without feeling sick :-)

      Delete