Looking back at my November running, I capped off at about 52.5 miles (this is by my Nike+. Mind you that it is not always calibrated, BUT it's been pretty darn close lately). I definitely picked it up this month. October was a recovery month after having a consistent running plan since May.
My goal for December is to run between 60-70 miles. I want to make sure I am ready to start my plan in January for my half marathon training. I have potentially two coming up at the beginning of 2013 depending on how the Nike Women's Half Marathon random drawing pans out.
Speaking of goals, now that the year is rapidly closing, I figured I'd take a minute to revisit my 2012 New Year's Resolutions.
- Run 2 Half Marathons: Check! I ran the Rock n' Roll DC in March and the Crawlin' Crab Half in October. Although only one of those races was enjoyable, both still happened. I MAY bump it up to 3 for 2013. We shall see ;-)
- PR in a 15k: Nope. Larry Noel was the only one I found that I could do. Remember how well that one went?
- Take a Spin Class. Take a Yoga Class: How this one failed so far blows my mind. I honestly had plans to attempt them this summer. And then summer was gone. I also feel weird about getting the free week gym pass knowing that I have no intention of joining the gym...
- Take Maddux to Dog Class: Check! Mad Dog has been doing great on our walks! It's still a work in progress, but I have plans to sign him up for the next step of Reactive Dog in 2013.
|Please, I was on the Honor Roll.|
- Go on a Picnic: I have this really cute picnic set and it got it's debut this summer! My nice friend and I took Maddux on a nice walk around the lake and ended the evening with a picnic.
- Visit Sugar Loaf Winery: This has not happened yet either, but maybe I can squeeze this one in quick before 2012 is officially gone. How did the wine one not get checked off?!
So that's where we stand there. Not bad considering it was my first year actually making resolutions.
Running has been relaxed so far this week. I ran about 3.5 miles at the park yesterday at about a 9:30 pace. That's one of my fastest outdoor runs in a while so I'll take it. It was good because I was down in the dumps after my family left and a helping of endorphins was just what I needed to boost my spirits. I took tonight off because my back has been hurting lately (weird??), but I plan on doing some cross training tomorrow and doing at least 4 miles on Wednesday.
Have a happy week!