1. Washington, D.C. : Ok, so not a state, but still. No matter how long I live in this area I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing the monuments.
2. Walt Disney World, Florida: Basically, I'm just a big kid at heart, and I loved every minute of my Disney adventure for the Tower of Terror 10 miler. While I don't feel the need to spend the money to do every Disney race, I would like to go back one day to do the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
3. Maryland: What can I say, I have lots of love for my home state. Over the years I've found some great places to run and have done some amazing low key races that are perfect for a girl who doesn't really love crowds and zero parking.
4. Virginia: This is the state I really learned to love running for myself. It's the state of my first half marathon and the home of my beloved J&A racing as well as Kale Racing that puts on the Mud in Your Eye cross country series that I loved running so much with my dad. When I think of my favorite running memories, the majority happened here.
|Noland Trail = Best Trail Ever.|
5. California: Last summer I thought my running streak would be over when I went to San Diego on vacation, but I quickly learned that my runs would be the perfect way to start the day. The weather was amazingly cool for the middle of summer and I'm a huge fan of running by the water.
I actually hit quite a few places in 2013 (Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Alabama, and California) and will probably get all of those places with the exception of California again this year.
What are some of your favorite place to run? Any states that I should add to my "must run" list?