It's a super sweet edition of the Friday Five! I found out this week that I was selected to be an ambassador for the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k in Philadelphia. I'm really excited to run in this race because my brother, two of my cousins, and my uncle are also running in it!
Here are five things you need to know about the race:
1. The race starts on the Philadelphia Art Museum steps on Sunday, April 6. Sunday races are my favorite because I don't have to stress about getting anywhere on Friday night after a long day of work. I love that there are two race distances so it's accessible to everyone.
2. Check out the race swag. A couple of years ago I did the Hot Chocolate 15k in DC and I absolutely love the windbreaker I got. I'm excited to add the fleece to my running wardrobe!
3. The race benefits the Ronald McDonald house, which supports families who have really sick kids in the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Learn more about it here.
4. If you are signing up for the Philly race, feel free to use my code LINDSRUNMUG to get a free travel mug with your registration!
5. CHOCOLATE! I'm all for running for chocolate. The post race party includes hot chocolate (of course) and fondue. Since I've done the race a couple of years ago they have added a mug to keep all your goodies in. (Ok, really this should have been number one.)
Stay tuned for a fun giveaway!
Make sure to check out the blogs by Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney. HAPPY FRIDAY!